The Billy R28 Drybag Float in Hi-Viz Orange
Sustainable and better for the environment
Firstly, the new Recycled Drybag Tow Float Range from Puffin Swim are the first swimmer’s tow floats in the UK to be made with Recycled Plastic (RPET). Recycling plastic helps to reduce landfill and reduce the number of new plastics being made. Indeed, these quality floats have been created by swimmers and swim safety experts Swim the Lakes.
Bright, Light & Easy to use
Secondly, the Billy R28 Drybag Float easily attaches around the swimmer’s waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash. Basically, it floats above the swimmers’ thighs and out of stroke range whilst swimming. The float leash is adjustable in length so the swimmer can alter it to their preferred length. It’s bright orange to make the swimmer more visible to other water users and is ideal for holding onto whilst taking a break. There’s even an integrated safety whistle at the buckle and gear attachment points.
Drybag Storage Compartment
Furthermore, with two inflatable chambers and a separate storage compartment, swimmers can place items inside to take on the swim, e.g. phone, keys, snacks. The float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside. As a result, this recycled Drybag Tow Float is waterproof, if used correctly, however it is recommended that electronic and other valuable items are sealed inside a waterproof pouch before placing inside the dry bag tow float.
Optimised Streamlining for Minimal Drag
The leash attaches to the float via a stainless-steel karabiner clip under the front of the float. Significantly, this low tow point along with the float shape, valve position and direction of tow have all been designed to reduce drag.
The Billy R28 Recycled Drybag Features & Specification:
- Brightly coloured and designed to increase visibility to others
- Optimised streamlining for reduced drag
- Dual-air chambers with separate equipment chamber for storage
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- Signalling whistle integrated into the buckle and gear attachment points
- 2 carry/grab handles on float sides
- 2 fast-flow air valves to easily inflate or deflate for transportation
- Flexible use: can be used with or without items inside
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Material: RPET / PVC
- Capacity 28L capacity.
- Weight: 442g
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 720mm x 370mm
- The waist belt extends to 122cm
The Billy R28 Recycled Drybag Float helps increase the safety of the swimmer and can carry items whilst swimming. It is light yet packed with useful features.
Each waist belt is 122cm max length. Moreover, two can be joined together if a longer belt is required. The leash (from float to waist belt) is 45cm Max.
Instructions for using the Puffin Billy Recycled Drybag Tow Floats:
- Firstly, start with the drybag deflated and place your items in the drybag
- Secondly, roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds and bring the to clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Thirdly, inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float.
- Fourthly, attach the leash to the bag via the carabiner clip. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmer’s preferred length. Then, clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- Finally, to deflate simply take the dust caps off the valve, and push your little finger into the valve to deflate.
NB: Finally, we recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag, before placing them inside the drybag. Notwithstanding, Billy Drybags are not a lifesaving device and are designed to be used by competent swimmers. Tow floats are not designed to be continuously submerged.
Join The Chatter Challenge Facebook page for all of the fun!